job openingsback to job listing
Senior Vice President - Human Resources
11/02/2015 | 416126
USA - Los Angeles, CA | Full time | Business/Business Operations Group
The Blacksands Pacific Group is an international oil & gas exploration and production company, and crude oil and petroleum products trader and supplier in North America and around the globe. With world-class employees and contractors, we are one of the most dynamic and fastest growing energy companies in the U.S. and are committed to becoming an industry leader.
The Senior Vice President, Human Resources (SVP HR) will be responsible for the effective and efficient recruiting and staffing of Blacksands Pacific’s operations.
Reporting to Chief Operating Officer and Deputy Chief Executive Officer, the SVP HR will be a committed and energetic individual responsible for developing and implementing the human infrastructure required to support the anticipated substantial growth of Blacksands Pacific. The SVP HR will be proactive and innovative when developing and delivering human resources planning, and will need to anticipate and deflect potential problems, identify sound solutions to problems that arise, and implement decisions effectively.
The SVP HR’s primary objectives will be the safety of the staff, the development of a superior workforce, and the development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Recruiting and staffing.
- Performance management and improvement systems.
- Compliance with employment regulation.
- Employee orientation, development, and training.
- HR policy development and documentation.
- Employee relations.
- Compensation and benefits administration.
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
Education and Experience
- Master's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 10-15 years of senior leadership experience in human resources.
- Sound working knowledge of the key functional areas of responsibility.
- Experience of leading complex change and expansion projects.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- First Class Medial Insurance
- Based in Los Angeles, California
To ensure full consideration, please apply by November 15, 2014 and submit:
- A letter of introduction outlining the applicant's background and qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Contact information for five professional references (please include email address), at least one of which is a person who has reported directly to you, a colleague, and an individual to whom the applicant has reported directly.