job openingsback to job listing
Senior Vice President, Chief of Staff – Planning & Strategy
11/02/2015 | 014172
USA - Los Angeles, CA | Full time | Business/Business Operations Group
The Blacksands Pacific Group is an international oil & gas exploration and production company, and crude oil and petroleum products trader and supplier in North America and around the globe. With world-class employees and contractors, we are one of the most dynamic and fastest growing energy companies in the U.S. and are committed to becoming an industry leader.
The Senior Vice President, Chief of Staff – Planning & Strategy (CoS) will support and anticipate the needs of the Chairman & CEO in all aspects of running Blacksands Pacific’s operations. The CoS will be a committed, energetic, proactive, flexible, confidential and loyal individual with a positive attitude, perfect time management, and excellent organizational skills. The CoS will work behind the scenes to solve problems, mediate disputes, and deal with issues. The CoS will act as a confidante and advisor to the Chief Executive, and a sounding board for ideas.
The CoS will serve as the primary policy advisor to the Chairman & CEO on the most complex and sensitive issues. The COS will provide strategic and tactical advice to the Corporate Board on a range of issues - budgeting/accounting, information technology, human resources and office management – to support the anticipated substantial growth of Blacksands Pacific.
- Counsel to the Chairman & CEO.
- Plan and coordinate the Corporate Board’s agenda to ensure time spent is commensurate with goals and priorities.
- Help the Corporate Board achieve key deliverables and troubleshoot issues.
- Lead special projects on behalf of the Chairman & CEO.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years of senior leadership experience.
- Sound working knowledge of the key functional areas of responsibility.
- Experience of leading complex change and expansion projects.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- First Class Medial Insurance
- Based in Los Angeles, California
To ensure full consideration, please apply by November 15, 2014 and submit:
- A letter of introduction outlining the applicant's background and qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Contact information for five professional references (please include email address), at least one of which is a person who has reported directly to you, a colleague, and an individual to whom the applicant has reported directly.